A short while back I wrote an article 5 tips on how to celebrate your shape. Today’s post is kind of taking that and moving forward with it. I was recently chatting to my friend on facebook who I hadn’t spoken to for a while. She enjoyed the site but requested I did a post covering what to wear for women with an hourglass shape. It’s something I intend on expanding on and covering different body shapes in the future. So if you have any requests, mention them in a comment below and I’ll see what I can do.
The key to dressing for your shape is having an open mind and not being afraid to try new things. You also have to pin point your assets, the parts of your body you absolutely love and look to enhance those features.
How to apply
I was thinking how can you apply what you read in this post and get the most value from it. I’ve read about body shapes numerous times and seen guides on the TV, on the net and in books. But I’m sure most people have a quick glance then forget about what they’ve learnt. That’s why I’d say bookmark or write down at least one point you can take away from this article and use when you’re next out shopping or stood in front of the mirror wondering what to wear.
So here are the key things to remember if you’re an hour glass shape.
- To accentuate your figure you want to opt for form fitting dresses and skirts. They should nip in at the waist hug your hips and fall loosely over your thighs/calves.
- Choose tailored pieces. If you wish to down play your lower half go for structured pieces with a slight flare. Balance this with slim close cut tops.
- Work the waist. It’s all about defining your midsection, by cinching in your waist you’ll emphasise that gorgeous womanly figure. To do this look at how you can incorporate a belt into your outfit or look for pieces that have details like ruching at the waist.
- Be tactical as to where you show skin. Showing off lots of leg can give you a long lean look while a well placed slit in a skirt can be slimming and sexy. Alternatively, highlighting your decolletage can look sexy with out being too provocative.
- Avoid busy patterns and stick to solid colour blocking. While black is always flattering, liven up your look by adding shots of colour. A killer pair of heels will give the illusion of luscious toned legs, if you don’t want anything too high opt for a kitten heel.
If I’ve missed any points or you want to request a body shape for my next article let me know by commenting below
If you want to keep up to date with the latest trends or check out our latest how-to’s, guides and top tips why not subscribe? You can subscribe by RSS here or subscribe by email by filling in your email address in the subscription box in the sidebar. You can also catch us on Bloglovin here.