I live in an apartment in the city centre of Leeds, while I love the convenience, city centre apartments are known for their lack of storage space. When I was choosing this place I made sure it had a big wardrobe, big enough to fit both my clothes and my girlfriends clothes in, no mean feat. If you’re like me from time to time your wardrobe will get messy, you may get home from work and feel the urge to throw your clothes on the bed or just stuff them in the wardrobe resulting in something that looks like an explosion in a vintage store. I tend to make sure I go through my wardrobe once a month and if it’s something you’ve never done before I definitely encourage you to take it up.
Maybe I’m OCD but when things are tidy I just find it easier to think, but there are a whole bunch of other benefits which include:
- Finding clothes you’d forgotten about or rarely wear.
- Making it easier to find your clothes, which means it takes you less time to get dressed in the morning.
- Your clothes will last longer, if they’re neatly placed in the wardrobe instead of just flung in or stuffed in a draw you’ll get more wear from them.
- It’ll be easier to put new pieces together creating new looks, if you can see all your items and you know what’s actually in your wardrobe instead of it being a scary stock pile of clothes you’ll find it much easier to put pieces together.
- You’ll save space which can then be filled by even more clothes! Giving you the perfect excuse to splash out on that new suit you’ve been wanting.
So I have my Sunday afternoon covered sorting out my wardrobe, if yours is crying for a clear out, go on… your soul will thank you for it.
If you’re a hoarder or you like to keep your wardrobe tidy with military precision, let us know by commenting below.
if you want to keep up to date with the latest trends or check out our latest how-to’s, guides and top tips why not subscribe? You can subscribe by RSS here or subscribe by email by filling in your email address in the subscription box in the sidebar. You can also catch us on Bloglovin here.