I was recently checking tweetdeck when I got a tweet from the house in the clouds saying I had been nominated for a stylish blogger award. I think I ‘may’ have been nominated in the past by Jenna at seven style notes as well but I never got round to doing it. Anyway it was a pleasure to receive such an accolade and as I’ve been away for a few days with limited access to the internet I thought I would come back with this post. The idea is you discuss 7 things with your readers that they may not know about you and then pass it on to 10 other bloggers who you would like to learn more about. So I guess I’ll jump right in!
- When I was younger I was a huge basketball fan. At the time there was a bit of a surge in popularity in the UK. Channel 4 had started showing live games and also shorter weekly shows that had all the NBA action from the week. I also started playing basketball and loved it. I joined the high school team where we were undefeated in our own town for pretty much 3/4 years. One year we ended up making it to the national finals where we finished 8th (last place, ha ha) but we stilled loved the fact we were the 8th best team in the country that year. I ended up going on to play for my town then county and even had trials for my country. However, I was kind of shy and sorted of fluffed my opportunity really. But I do look back on those years fondly.
- I also attended music college where I studied music production. It was kind of a weird choice really. As at the time I wanted to go into the music industry but I enrolled on the course to mainly improve my own skills as making music was a hobby of mine.
- If any of you have read my about page then you’ll have seen that I’m a massive hip hop fan. I’ve been hooked since I was about 11 years old, I’m now 26. I don’t know what it was that kind of drew me into the music and the whole culture but I was hooked and I’ve done it all. BBoying, Rapping, Graffiti although I’ve never DJed I have produced my own music. I was hugely influenced as well by the style of the hip hop culture through out my entire teens I dressed in baggy clothing, timberland boots etc So quite a stark contrast to how I dress now.
- which leads me onto my next point I thought I’d post up a track I made a few years back, see the link below. As I mentioned previously making music is a hobby of mine. One I have not indulged in for quite a while. But this was one of my favourite tracks that I made so i thought I’d post a link to it. I used to be quite serious about the music I made then I kind of let go and just made whatever I was feeling. Doing it that way meant that the whole process was just a lot more enjoyable.
- I love cooking. In fact I’m surprised that I’ve never posted anything on the blog mentioning it. I guess fashion and cooking are separate niches so I’ve just focused on what my blog is about. I’m a big fan of Jamie Oliver only because I find his recipes easy to follow and they are relatively straight forward. I got into cooking when I left home my mum bought me a Jamie Oliver cook book and after that I was hooked. I also bake from time to time as well so may see pictures of my latest creations on twitter as I tend to tweetpic anything I think looks really good.
- I tend to pass out from time to time. It’s something that scares me the most as I really hate it. I’ve had loads of tests done and the doctors just put it down to simple faints. The reason I hate it so much is not so much the inconvenience of it but what I experience when I go through it. You’d think I’d pass out and wake up and literally just be kind of asleep. However, when I pass out it feels as if I’m dreaming, but then in the dream I realise I was actually awake and shouldn’t be dreaming. At this point I panic because I’m unconscious but aware that I’m unconscious and then try and fight to get out of it. This all happens in about 30 seconds but feels a lot longer. The doctors said I’d grow out of it which I have started to as the time between faints is increasing, they now only happen about once a year. But I don’t know if it’s also just down to me being more in tune with my body and knowing what is likely to trigger a faint.
- My name is Arash, I should have started with this first. I’m half Iranian, my dad’s Iranian and my mum’s English. I’m actually posting this as someone left a comment on my feature on byanika asking what my name meant. Arash was a heroic archer figure of Persian folkore. The story goes that there was a war between Iranians and non Iranians and they decided to declare peace and reach an agreement. The agreement was that what ever land falls within the range of a bow shot shall be returned to the Iranians and then the rest would fall to the other side. An angel constructed a bow and arrow and Arash was asked to be the archer. At dawn Arash fired the arrow which then traveled a great distance before finally landing and so marking the future border of Iran. There is a little speculation about how far it actually travelled. But I won’t get into that now ha ha.
Ok What I’m going to do is a little different and I’m probably braking the rules of the whole stylish blogger award thing. But rather than me dictate who goes next I’m going to leave it up to you. I’d like to award it to everyone that comes through and leaves a comment regularly on my blog. But I know that some of you may have already answered these questions and had the award before. So I’m leaving it up to you, if you haven’t had the award then I award it to you.
The rules are quite simple;
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
- share 7 things about yourself
- award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
- contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
I’d love to hear if you’re going to take the baton and carry on the stylish blogger award, let me know by commenting below.
Feeling this post? Then why not subscribe? You can subscribe by RSS here or subscribe by email by filling in your email address in the subscription box in the sidebar. You can also catch me on Bloglovin here.